Once again this year, the state of Ohio plans to light the skylines of all it’s cities blue to show support for law enforcement. This year, the dates are May 9th through May 16th. The campaign is officially called “Light Ohio Blue” to remember those who have died in the line of duty, and to show support for those still serving on the front lines, as well as civilian support employees.
Light Ohio Blue suggests Ohioans can do the following to participate in the campaign:
- Place a blue bulb on your exterior porch light
- Wrap blue Christmas lights around your home or business
- Light up your entire home or business with blue flood lights
- Place blue ribbons on your mailbox, nearby columns or posts
- Wear Blue on May 15
- Tell your friends, family and neighbors what you’re doing, and post a picture to social media using #LightOhioBlue
- The campaign takes place May 8-15 this year, in coordination with Friday, May 15 being National Peace Officers Memorial Day.
The Light Ohio Blue staff also works with several Ohio businesses to light the city skylines blue.